Thursday, January 17, 2008

Simple is Better

Simple is better, really? i thought complex technology was the answer to all. But seriously, while down here is Florida avoiding the snow back home I had a lady who lives in the building perform one of my favorite (safe & effective) stabilization exercises. I asked her to do it daily until fatigue and no further. Now, this woman has had balance issues, back pain and ankle problems ( she does not know the name of her condition). After just 5 days of performing this exercise she reported a significant decrease in back pain and feels more stable walking. Happily this is just one exercise, imagine if she went through the entire protocol! And by the way this exercise is a contralateral-extension aka. bird dog. I would include a picture but I do not have one on my hard drive so go buy the book, it's in there.

No comments: